Galleon Nook is a comfortable, fully equipped Self Catering Garden Cottage, suitable for 2 guests (main bedroom, with shower and toilet en suite) plus 1 extra guest free of charge (on the extra Single Size bed in the open plan bay window directly opposite the compact kitchen) - Maximum 3 guests permitted in total. We will accept any request for a 4th guest (a single mattress can be put on the lounge floor in the cottage).
In a residential suburb of Fish Hoek called Sun Valley, which is at the bottom of “Ou Kaapse Weg” (a mountain pass in Silvermine Nature reserve), and in the middle of the Cape Peninsula leading towards Cape Point with access to the sea/beaches (5min) in either direction.
Noordhoek is our neighbouring suburb (Chapman’s Peak Drive 5min) and Fish Hoek Beach is on the other side (5min). Simons Town is straight over Black Hill (8min). Right at Black Hill is the route to Kommetjie, Misty Cliffs, Scarborough (10min). This road in turn leads to Cape Point Nature Reserve where the two oceans meet at the tip of the Peninsula (25min). One can also reach Cape Point driving through Simons Town (25min).
- Cape Town city centre (25min)
- Cape Town International Airport (40min)
- Chapmans Peak (10 min)
- Virgin Active (2min)
- Beach Fish Hoek (5min) and Beach Noordhoek (5min) - we are in the middle of the Peninsula so either going to the right, or going to the left, the beach will be reached within a 5km drive
1-Bedroom Cottage (sleeps 2) consisting of a main bedroom with en-suite shower, toilet, basin.
Extra Single Bed (in open plan bay window area facing the kitchen) with simple bedding provided for 1 extra guest (free of charge)
Cottage built behind the owner's home (lock up and go). Pool facilities elsewhere on the property in a communal area. Arrangements can be made to use exclusively for day/evening. Closed gates lead to the pool area which can be used to swim any time in the day.
Double doors open to garden. Views of Sun Valley Hills, where birds of prey do their acrobatics in the sky, are seen from the cottage.
Flat screen TV (full DSTV, including Disney Channel) with basic DVD player (plus local video shop).
Star views are dazzling, little commercial lighting in Sun Valley. Region is full of Cape Town fauna and flora, especially indigenous Protea species seen growing on Ou Kaapse Weg.
Fully equipped kitchen with cutlery and utensils
Nearby restaurants (spoilt for choice, in abundance 5-10min)
Take away deliveries from Debonair's, St Elmo's and Dominoes Pizza in Fish Hoek or Pizza eateries in Sun Valley
"BEST" Fish and Chip take-away in Fish Hoek, Main Road
World class, award winning boutique hotels with restaurants (5-10min)
Take the Galleon Crescent road, leading off the main road in Sun Valley.
(2min) To intersection traffic lights at the main entrance into Sun Valley suburb where you will find two shopping malls, garage, hairdressers, doctors rooms, wellness centre’s and restaurants as well as Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonalds drive through outlets
(3 roads away) Bus Stop - bus travel to Fish Hoek city centre where taxi, train available
Meter Taxi Operators, Guided Tours, Car Hire available locally (Noordhoek Taxi, Uber)
Quiet suburb, known for its stillness, valley views and accessibility to major attractions
Wine Tasting Estates locally in Noordhoek and Constantia, famous routes further away on country routes in Stellenbosch
• Wi Fi available (free of charge, medium strength signal)
• Full DSTV satellite television and basic DVD player
• Fully fitted equipped kitchen with washing machine, stove, microwave
• Clothes stand provided for wet clothes
• Cleaning bucket, broom, mop and pan
• Bath Towels and linen provided - please bring own swimming towels
• Cottage serviced every 7 days if booking longer than 7 days (not serviced on a daily basis) (this can be arranged at an extra charge to be paid directly to the house-cleaner)
• Car Hire (all rental agents are at Cape Town International Airport)
• Cape Medical Response Member (emergency paramedic response unit)
• Remote control for gate on arrival (parking in the driveway, uncovered), if lost, will be charged for replacement
• Own small garden area, veranda & separate entrance / shared swimming pool area away from the cottage near main dwelling
• Bring With: own toiletries, food, refreshments, swimming towels,
washing powder, dishwasher, dishcloths and bath soap (self catering
unit) and wood for the fireplace in Winter
Attractions and Activities
Fish Hoek Beach (restaurants, trek fishermen, surfing, hobie cat, sailing, catwalk, beach strolling, play area, whale watching, jogging, churches, fishing)
Cape Point Vineyards (outdoor restaurant with a food market every Thursday evening and a popular Sunday menu, booking essential) (picnic baskets available to order a day before to sit and enjoy the view)
Noordhoek and Chapman’s Peak (the farm village in Noordhoek offers carols by candle light, playground, souvenirs, shops, deli & coffee eatery, tourism information office, hotel, Bobby Skinstad’s pub “The Toad” popular sportsman’s venue, live music, surfing, horse beach rides, shipwreck walk, baboon tours, exceptional scenic drives, wine tasting)
Hout Bay (reached via Chapman’s Peak drive that starts in Noordhoek, toll charge – waterfront, shops, restaurants, Sunday flea market, working fishing harbour, seal island trips, boat hire, fishing, diving, kite surfing, shark cage diving, castle tours, wine tasting)
Cape Point (can be reached via Simons Town or via Kommetjie) both routes scenic and visit the Ostrich Farm at Cape Point before going into the Nature Reserve to walk up the stairs at the Point (or take the famous “vernacular” to the top) and after that have lunch in their restaurant – this reserve has several picnic spots/hiking areas to explore with tidal pools
Simons Town (Boulders Beach penguin colony, yacht club, naval museums, sea view restaurants, antique shops, waterfront, boat rides, fishing, beach swimming, whale watching, historic buildings, churches, scenic drives, baboons, submarine tours, pubs, golf course, deep sea diving, views of naval ships/buildings, snorkelling, deep sea diving, kayaking)
Millers Point (tidal pool, fishing club, baboons, scenic drives, snorkelling, deep sea diving, picnic)
Red Hill Drive (mountain pass from Simons Town to Scarborough) over the top of the peninsula
Black Hill Drive (short pass from Sun Valley to Simons Town, quick access) incredibly scenic
Cape Point Nature Reserve (hiking, picnic area, fauna, flora, wildlife, fishing, Cray fishing)
Silvermine Nature Reserve (hiking, picnic area, fauna, flora, wildlife)
Elsie’s Peak Fish Hoek (hiking, fauna flora, wildlife)
Gym, Spa, Massage Resorts (all in close proximity)
Doctors rooms and hospitals (all in close proximity)
Cinema (15min) at Blue Route Mall in Tokai
Imhoff Farm / Kommetjie / Scarborough (camel rides, horse beach rides, craft markets, organic produce, restaurants with views of Hout Bay, beach swimming, souvenir shops, kite surfing, camping, hiking, lighthouse visits, cray fishing harbour, snake farm, fishing, pubs, mussel picking, scuba)
Kalk Bay (antique stores, sea view restaurants, pubs, browsing shops, boutique hotels, wine tasting, commercial fishing harbour with harbour wall fishing, whale watching, bakery, ice cream shop, stage theatre, art)
Muizenberg Beach (popular with surfers connecting at “surfer’s corner”)
Clovelly (golf course, mini wetlands with wildlife birds)
Tokai (forest walks, boutique restaurants, picnic, wine tasting, cinema, 48.000m2 shopping mall)
Constantia (gateway to Constantia Wine Route with historic farms, scenic drives, restaurants, shops)
Click Here to view the features
Queen size bed With en suite shower, toilet, basin Sleeps 2 guestsCheck Availability
Extra Single Bed (Bay Window) Open Plan opposite Kitchen
Extra Single for 1 guest (FREE of CHARGE)Check Availability
Rates 2018 - 2019
Note: 1 night bookings are not accepted
SPECIAL Valid From 1 Oct - 5 Dec 2017
Book for 4 nights, stay for 5 (one night free)
1. All bookings made are subject to change without notice
2. Parking for one motor car in driveway, behind motorised gate, at own risk
3. No credit card facilities, cash on arrival at check in
4. Free WI FI plus full DSTV available, full bouquet
5. In winter, if making use of the fireplace, please supply own wood (please note the self catering cottage is not serviced daily, every 7 days the new linen is refreshed and towels are changed)
6. Cancellations or failure to arrive forfeit 100% of the quote value
7. No day visitors permitted, unless by special arrangement with the Proprietor
8. Silence is to be observed from 22h00 - the sound levels of music/sound equipment must be kept a reasonable level at all times in order not to be a nuisance
9. The right of admission is reserved - the number of people is restricted to the number of guests as per the agreed booking
10. Any violation of the above mentioned rules gives the Proprietor the right to evict the visitors and his retinue from the self catering cottage, without refund of any money already paid
11. The owner of Galleon Nook self catering cottage will not be liable for any act, neglect or default for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense of inconvenience, death, whether to person or property, which the guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the booking . In addition, the owner of Galleon Nook Cottage accepts no liability for loss of or damage to the guest’s possessions. Guest/s attend this establishment at their own risk.
Extra Single Bed (Bay Window) Open Plan opposite Kitchen